Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Claymation Practice

I've been toying with different forms of stop motion for a while now, and this is just one of my many experiments towards this. The goal was to have the red ball on the left have a short conversation with the blue ball on the right.
"Hey"
"What?"
"Happy Valentineth day."
One of the hardest parts of this was moving the eyes around. They were Airsoft BB's that I drew a dot on, and the really stuck well in the material. I'm really proud of the blinking portion of it, as it makes it a little more realistic. The rest of it was supposed to be a back and forth of them arguing about the fact that it's June, but the Play-doh I used dried out REALLY quickly. I figured the lip-syncing was a bit off; that portion of video takes a lot more thought and processing. Believe it or not, I really enjoyed doing this. Maybe Ill make a real video from this. Anyway, here is what I got done.

claymotion test from Tyler Haynie on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment